Valeriu David, Professor, Ph. D.
I was born in August 26, 1959 in Cracaul Negru, Cracaoani, Neamt, Romania. Married (Sanda DAVID), three children (Stefan DAVID, Maria DAVID and Elena DAVID).
1966-1974 Elementary School from Cracaul Negru, Cracaoani, Neamt
1974-1978 “Petru Rares” College from Piatra Nemt
1978- 1983 "Gheorghe Asachi" Technical
University of Iasi (formerly, Polytechnic Institute of Iasi),
Between 1983 and 1990 I worked as a design engineer in
the "Tehnoton" Company Iasi (Department of design professional equipment
and special technologies),
From 1990 to present I have been with the "Gheorghe Asachi" Technical University of Iasi, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Department of Electrical Measurements and Materials, with the following didactical levels: 1990-1994, teaching assistant; 1994-1999, lecturer; 1999-2003, associate professor; 2003-present, professor.
In 1998 I received the Ph.D. degree in Electrical
Measurement from the
From 2009, Ph. D. supervisor (10 Ph.D theses led and confirmed).
· electric measurements (2nd year, license level);
· electrical and non-electrical quantities measurement (3rd year, license level);
· measurement in biomedicine and ecology (4th year, license level);
· survey of electromagnetic environment (6th year, master level);
· electromagnetic pollution (5th year, master level).
· survey of the electromagnetic environment, electromagnetic pollution, measurement in electromagnetic compatibility.
· biological and health effects of electromagnetic fields, the identification of biological signals modification for persons exposed to electromagnetic fields
· new materials and techniques for electromagnetic absorbers/shields (shielding of special buildings, proposal and characterisation of new materials with the view to be used at electromagnetic protection).
· electrical and non-electrical quantity measurement, sensors.
· measurement in biomedicine and ecology.
· Granted patents 4
· Director of three national research projects and technical director as partner in an European project (FP6)
· 11 books.
· 150 scientific papers (51 ISI Web of Science and 60 in International Date Bases)
· Member of the editorial advisory board of "Environmental Engineering and Management Journal"
· Senior Member of IEEE (Instrumentation and Measurements Society; Electromagnetic Compatibility Society; Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society).
· Senior Inventor Prize, INVENTICA 2020, Iaşi
· Honorary Citizen of Cracaoani, Neamt, in 2008.
· The premium "Traian Vuia" of Romanian Academy, in 2001 for the treatise "Electronic Measurements" (joint author of this treatise).
· Honorary Diploma and Jubilee Medal awarded in 1999 by "Gr. T. Popa" Medicine and Pharmacy University of Iasi at the celebration of 120 years of medical university education in Iasi.