Valeriu David, Professor, Ph. D.
I was born in August 26, 1959 in Cracaul Negru, Cracaoani, Neamt, Romania. Married (Sanda DAVID), three children (Stefan DAVID, Maria DAVID and Elena DAVID).
In 1983, I graduated the Polytechnic Institute of Iasi, Romania, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Section Electronics and Communications.
Between 1983 and 1990 I worked as a design engineer in the "Tehnoton" Company Iasi (Department of design professional equipment and special technologies), Romania, where I experienced practical skills in RF communication equipments.
From 1990 to present I have been with the Technical University "Gh. Asachi" of Iasi, Faculty of Electrical Engineering, Department of Electrical Measurements and Materials, with the following didactical levels: 1990-1994, teaching assistant; 1994-1999, lecturer; 1999-2003, associate professor; 2003-present, professor.
In 1998 I received the Ph.D. degree in Electrical Measurement from the Technical University “Gh .Asachi” of Iasi with the thesis Research concerning the measurement of electromagnetic interference.
From 2009, Ph. D. supervisor (7 Ph.D theses led and confirmed).
· electric measurements (2nd year, license level);
· electrical and non-electrical quantities measurement (3rd year, license level);
· measurement in biomedicine and ecology (4th year, license level);
· survey of electromagnetic environment (6th year, master level);
· electromagnetic pollution (5th year, master level).
· survey of the electromagnetic environment, electromagnetic pollution, measurement in electromagnetic compatibility.
· biological and health effects of electromagnetic fields, the identification of biological signals modification for persons exposed to electromagnetic fields
· new materials and techniques for electromagnetic absorbers/shields (shielding of special buildings, proposal and characterisation of new materials with the view to be used at electromagnetic protection).
· electrical and non-electrical quantity measurement, sensors.
· measurement in biomedicine and ecology.
· Director of three national research projects and technical director as partner in an European project (FP6)
· Granted patents 2
· 10 books.
· 150 scientific papers (16 in ISI journals, 28 in Conferences/Proceedings ISI Web of Science, 57 in Journals and Conferences/Proceedings index-lined to International Date Bases)
· Member of the editorial advisory board of "Environmental Engineering and Management Journal"
· Member of IEEE (Instrumentation and Measurements Society; Electromagnetic Compatibility Society; Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society).
· The premium "Traian Vuia" of Romanian Academy, in 2001 for the treatise "Electronic Measurements" (joint author of this treatise).
· Honorary Diploma and Jubilee Medal awarded in 1999 by "Gr. T. Popa" Medicine and Pharmacy University of Iasi at the celebration of 120 years of medical university education in Iasi.
· Honorary Citizen of Cracaoani, Neamt, in 2008.